Thursday, March 19, 2009

sketchbook collection




I have been thinking about sketchbooks this week. I have taken their presence in my life for granted all these years but they can be miniature works of art. I use them to jot down ideas, designs,images and to save things from a certain time in my life-like fortune cookie fortunes or small found items. They are records. Most contain postage stamps & collaged bits of letters or envelopes. As a letter writer , those are elements I adore. Many have bits of my silkscreened prints on them. The cover is all important. It has to be something you will love looking at, day after day. And it has to wear well. I use a sheet adhesive that sticks like cement and if something gets worn I create a patch. I have used almost every type of book there is but have no preference. If, like me, you think you might want to tear out pages afterward a spiral bound book is best. But, pages should really be kept in tact. Easier said than done though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment